Green bags for groceries, and promotional bags for specialty shopping, are becoming more and more common. The bags that do something different will really be the ones that stand out from the crowd, and serve the best marketing and branding purposes. Heat transfer printing is one of the technologies that green bag and promotional bag manufacturers use to get colourful, realistic, stand-out.
The easiest way to understand heat transfer printing is to think of the iron-on transfers you might have put on your tshirts. The printing is actually done onto a special commercial heat transfer paper, and although it works by the same method as home iron-ons, the quality is completely different. Commercial heat transfer paper, applied with a heat press does not peel, bleed colours, or fade. The bags are as washable as non-printed or silk-screened products.
The process involves:
* Image or logo is design and retouched use certain software.
* Image is printed onto heat transfer paper
* Image may be cut either by cutting machine.
* It then goes through a heat press, which applies pressure and heat.
Other than heat press process there is another option to make the groceries bag which is silk screen process. Unfortunately there isn’t an easy way to understand silk screen printing. Process for screen printing promotional bags sounds a little back-and-forth, but it is actually a very economical method, due to lower materials costs. But process quite harder as image is need to separate into its different colors where each additional color requires a new screen and a repeat of the process, so three-color promotional screen printed bags can be significantly more expensive than single color.
The advantages of heat transfer printing
* There is no interaction between the image color and the background color
* Colors and borders stay vibrant and well defined
* You can utilize photos on your promotional bags – silk screen printing doesn’t allow this. Heat transfer, unlike silk screen, allows accurate reproduction of color gradients and shadows thereby maintaining realistic color and 3D effects.